Posts tagged Blog
@brentmccoynet, the instigator of http://millionairestudio.com/, has been up to a very interesting task. Today morning I came across as tweet asking me what do I do to encourage comments on my blog? While I was trying to frame a proper answer, I decided to explore how others answered the same and what I came across was an pretty long list of necesmessages/30705167sary questions which Brent had been asking Bloggers from around the world, questions that each and every blogger should ask himself. If you are a blogger or not, do post in the comments section what do you think is the possible answer or the right answer for any of these questions and make the blogosphere a better place to be.
1. What do you do to encourage comments on your blog?
There are two basic things I do, one that I write blog posts based on Social Media with a perspective which my reader might be interested in knowing or feeling is worth a conversation… Basically an aspect which works on improving or ponder over the possibility of increasing influence through Social Media and Digital marketing overall. Second, I make it a point to ask a few questions through my blog posts and request them to reply for the same in the comments section. At this point of time, there is no strategy in place regarding getting comments or traffic as I am still working on the content strategy of this blog.
Following are a few a questions that Brent asked other twitter users. I hope Brent doesn’t mind me going through his timeline but I couldn’t stop myself when I struck gold. 🙂
- Do you link to other peoples’ posts on your blog much?
- Is commenting on other blogs a good way to promote your own blog?
- What do you do to encourage comments on your blog?
- Do you keep a notepad with you much to write down post ideas?
- Are you as thankful for Akismet as I am?
- Do you find Twitter effective for promoting your blog?
- What do you think your main blogging strengths are?
- Do you learn anything strange looking at your blog’s Google Analytics?
- Is blogging hard work for you?
- What sort of people like to read your blog?
- What are your favorite blog widgets?
- What do you like about your blog’s “About” page?
- Where is your favorite place to blog from?
- What are your main goals in blogging, apart from money?
- What do you think are the main advantages to come from blogging?
- Do you write many “Top 10” style posts on your blog?
- Do you mix up the style of content on your blog?
- What post length suits you best?
- Do you spend much time building back-links for your blog?
- So what do you get up to besides blogging?
- Do you enjoy blogging with WordPress?
- Do you get a lot of spam comments on your blog?
- What plug-ins do you enjoy using on your blog?
- How did you come across the theme for your blog?
- Do you attend many blogging events in the real world?
- What do you think are the keys to an effective blog post title?
- Do you use humor in a lot of your posts?
- What days do most people visit your blog?
- Do you meet up with a lot of bloggers where you live?
- What aspects of your blogging would you like to improve?
- Does blogging make you a better writer?
- Do you get a lot of search engine traffic with your blog?
- Do you prefer to write long or short posts?
- Do you use any forums to help promote your blog?
- Have you ever tried paid advertising for your blog?
- What has been your most popular post, or the one you’re most proud of?
- Have you ever run a contest on your blog?
- Do you write many guest posts for other blogs?
- Did you choose your blog topic because you love it?
- Do you aim to stand out from other bloggers by sharing unique ideas?
- How many ways do you get subscribers for your blog?